Here's a quick post about a quirky repair that came through the shop a few months ago for a basic setup. The output jack plate was also loose, so that was to be addressed as well. This is a late 1980's Fender Stratocaster, made in Japan.
So the plan of attack on this one came together like this:
1. Dowel and re-drill the output jack mounting plate.
2. Check over the circuit - just so happened to find the neck pickup magnet was separated from the pickup (first time for me).
3. Secure the loose magnet to the neck pickup.
4. Remove the neck and adjust the truss rod.
5. Setup and check intonation.
: : : : : :
And away we go ...