A client wanted his favorite guitar documented so I pulled it apart, took photos and wrote down some notes for him. It's a 2000 Mexi Strat body with a Tele neck that he put together.
The pickguard is loaded with Fender ’57/‘62 pickups measuring 6.42K (neck), 6.45K (middle non-RWRP), 6.45K (bridge). The middle pickup is non-reverse wound / non-reverse polarity so it is not hum cancelling in positions 2 and 4.
Some details of the audio path components:
- Master volume, neck & middle p/u tone, bridge p/u tone, 5-way switch
- 250K audio taper CTS volume pot “GTR ELEC 250KA CTS 0519”
- 250K linear taper CTS tone pots “EP4985 250K 0521"
- Sprague Vitamin Q 0.033 µf tone cap (shared)
The bridge is a Callaham Mexican Std vibrato bridge and arm.
The MIM Tele neck's details:
- Indian Rosewood fingerboard with 9.5"R
- 0.870" thick, 1-5/8" wide @ 1st fret
- 0.910" thick, 2" wide @ 12th fret
- frets 0.103" wide by 0.048" tall
- vintage style locking tuners