Kalliope neck carve.

I took some time last week to make improvements to my old neck holding jig for carving necks.  The 1" thick plywood it was made from had cupped badly so I sandwiched it with two pieces of 3/8" plywood on either side to straighten it out.  This also significantly increased it's rigidity, which makes carving much more efficient.  The more your carving jig deflects, the less wood you remove with each stroke.  I also took a torch to the jig and burned it to give it a bit of character and then sealed it with a coat of shellac.

Kalliope 001's neck is in the jig, the neck for Rogue 005 is on the bench in the background.