A Canadian built Seagull acoustic in for some tweaks. After straightening the neck, the saddle had to be shimmed up to improve the action. There is an undersaddle pickup so any modifications to the saddle require the consistent string-to-string output be verified and corrected if necessary.
Viewing entries tagged
Low action and loose frets plagued this nylon string with all kinds of buzzes. The loose fret ends were mainly along the treble side of the fingerboard. Many frets could be tapped down while one needed to be clamped and glued. The saddle was shimmed up along with a truss rod adjustment (on a classical?!). Tightening the the output jack finished up the setup.
I am always impressed by these import Blueridge dreadnoughts. This is going to be a gift to a customer's son so he wanted me to look it over. I ended up shimming up the saddle, refitting the uneven plastic bridge pins and replaced the missing end pin.
An extremely responsive 1951 Gibson SJ that was refinished a long time ago. This mahogany back and side slope shoulder has been in the shop a couple times before and it's always a pleasure to play when it stops in. This time it was in for a minor tweak. The player was having troubles on a recent recording session where the high e was not ringing out clearly. I ended up shimming up the saddle about 1/32nd and removed the string bite in the top of the saddle. The high e string had worn a groove into the saddle which (along with the low action) was choking it out.
1951 Gibson Southern Jumbo [3.8 lbs] :: setup
The action came in low so it needed the saddle shimmed up along with some glue to be added to a previously repaired open top seam.