I am always impressed by these import Blueridge dreadnoughts. This is going to be a gift to a customer's son so he wanted me to look it over. I ended up shimming up the saddle, refitting the uneven plastic bridge pins and replaced the missing end pin.
Viewing entries tagged
A dreadnought in for a setup last week for a grandmother's Christmas present to her grandson. The soundhole edge had significant damage near the pickguard. Most of the pieces were there but it wasn't going to result in a pretty repair. A couple custom plexiglass cauls to flatten out the area along with a few clamps and hot hide glue for the fix.
Above is my camera rig for this day's daily video. You can subscribe over at my Youtube channel to follow along.
Heavy fret wear on a Martin that is well past leveling. I'll pull these frets and prep the board for new frets.
Bridge re-glue, center seam & sound hole crack :: 1996 Martin HD-28 [4.9 lbs]
A player is taking his Martin along with him for an extended time down to Grenada (island in the Caribbean), so he stopped by for a check-up beforehand. The bridge was coming up so it was removed, cleaned up and re-glued. An existing top crack repair was coming apart so I removed a single cleat, glued up the crack and splinted it (fit a sliver of wood into the crack). Lastly a sound hole crack was reinforced. All ready for the island!