This 1960's Aria Barney Kessel is back in for another neck set issue. I re-glued the top to the block a few weeks ago but the plywood neck block decided delaminate through one of the plies. I ended up filling the gap with epoxy in an attempt to stabilize the neck joint (video below). Fingers crossed!
Viewing entries tagged
Loose Neck Joint & Bridge Fit :: 1960's Aria Barney Kessel [5.7 lbs]
The bridge foot needed to be refit along with a loose neck block re-glued to the top. The neck pickup was also freaking out, causing feedback and out-of-phase output issues. I found that the metal cover was split and there was a small section that was vibrating and inducing signal into the pickup. To fix this I ended up lightly hot gluing the broken cover to keep it in place. A bone new nut finished off the setup.
Loose Neck Block :: 1960's Aria Barney Kessel
The top is separated from the neck block and not providing much strength for the bolt on neck joint. Here I'm clamping the neck back to realign the top while gluing and clamping the loose area. The neck block had slipped so much that there was a significant stack of shims in the neck pocket to account for the fallen neck angle.
The bridge is also being refit on this hollowbody.
Bad Bridge Fit :: 1960's Aria Barney Kessel
The floating archtop bridge foot has what I'm guessing is green felt soaked with superglue. Though the bridge foot is fairly thin, I'll try to burn through most of this nastiness while improving the fit with the top.